Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Access Files on the Russell Fileserver?
The way you access your files runs from fully automatic to fully manual:
Automatic – If your computer is on the Russell domain, we can setup your logon to automatically map out your drives.
Semi-Automatic – We can work with you to create a script that you run when you want to use departmental resources
Manual – You connect to network resources as you wish. Please see the following documents for information on how to do so –
Option 1: Automatic Drive Mapping
Option 2: Semi Automatic Drive Mapping
We give you a script and you run the script each time you need to map the drive.
Option 3: Fully Manual Drive Mapping
Instructions – covers wired or wireless connection, on campus or off campus
Map to your home drive:
Map to your lab drive:
How do I access my files from outside of Russell Labs or on wireless?
To access any computing resources inside Russell Labs from outside of our wired network (e.g., the Fileserver from your laptop using wifi, remote desktop from home, or to access the fileserver from home), you’ll need to use the Russell Labs VPN (Virtual Private Network).
Please see this article if you need to install the VPN client –
- How do I Resize Images for Print and Online Viewing?
- How do I Compress Images Inside Microsoft Word to Reduce File Size (for Windows)?
How do I print from the computers in the Herrling Computer Lab (room 436)?
- you must login to the computers using your Russell Lab account to be able to print
- if you don’t have an account, complete this form to request one – https://webhosting.cals.wisc.edu/application-for-an-account-on-the-network-fileserver/
- Adobe Acrobat – Troubleshooting Printing – Adobe has a webpage with instructions on how to troubleshoot printing problems. You can find that page here.
- How do I use a Networked Printer:
What software do I have access to at UW/Russell Labs?
- Computing Policies on Passwords UW Computing Policy